Publicly Available Information
Below is the information that Stephanie Murray Mortgages is required to make publicly available in accordance with the Financial Markets Conduct Regulations 2014.
AN OVERVIEW OF OUR BUSINESS
Stephanie Murray Mortgages is a financial service provider which operates under the ‘Stephanie Murray Mortgages” brand. Stephanie Murray Mortgages, through our contracted advisers, provides financial advice to our clients.
- Contracted advisers run their own Adviser Businesses. They are Financial Advice Providers under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 and each Adviser Business is required to be registered on the Financial Service Providers Register (FSPR).
- We engage Financial Advisers to provide financial advice to clients. The FSPR shows the Financial Advisers which have been engaged by Orange Network.
- The Financial Advisers you can search for on our website are engaged by Stephanie Murray Morrtgages.
Stephanie Murray Mortgages is a registered Financial Service Provider and is a member of NZ Financial Services Group’s Financial Advice Provider licence (FSP286965) (as an Authorised Body), issued by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA). Stephanie Murray Mortgages and its contracted advisers are authorised under this licence.
SCOPE OF THIS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE DISCLOSURE
This document sets out some information about Stephanie Murray Mortgages and Financial Advisers engaged by Stephanie Murray Mortgages, as required by the Financial Markets Conduct Regulations 2013. Each adviser has their own Disclosure Guide. These are not available on our website but are provided on request and otherwise are provided by the Financial Adviser when they are engaged to provide financial advice by a current or prospective client.
In this Disclosure Statement, we refer to Stephanie Murray Mortgages Publicly Available Information Disclosures and the Financial Adviser’s Disclosure Guide collectively as the “Adviser Disclosures”.
FINANCIAL ADVICE AND PRODUCT PROVIDERS
Stephanie Murray Mortgages and its; financial advisers provide financial advice directly to clients. We provide financial advice about Lending products. We only provide advice about products from providers we are certified and registered with.
The Adviser Disclosures:
- Set out the specific products that they can provide financial advice on.
- Set out the relevant product providers
FEES AND EXPENSES
In general, our service is free to clients as the product providers pay us a commission on completed business. Occasionally, where a provider does not pay us a commission, we may need to charge a fee. Fees will always be justified by the amount of work involved in the transaction/advice and will be clearly explained up-front for the Client to agree to before proceeding.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
Stephanie Murray Mortgages is required to disclose any interests which a client may expect to materially influence the financial advice a client may receive from Stephanie Murray Mortgages or its contracted financial advisers.
COMMISSIONS & INCENTIVES
If a client receives advice from a Financial Adviser in relation to an insurance product and the insurance application is accepted, Stephanie Murray Mortgages may receive a commission payment from the applicable insurer.
Additionally, where a Financial Adviser refers a client to Tower Insurance for their insurance needs or refers a client to XE Money or Prospa NZ for their other financial needs, Stephanie Murray Mortgages may receive a referral payment. Stephanie Murray Mortgages manages the potential conflicts of interest arising as a result of these payments by ensuring:
- Commission payments are disclosed to clients. In relation to lending products, Stephanie Murray Mortgages may receive a commission payment from the applicable lender if a loan arranged by a Stephanie Murray Mortgages adviser is advanced. Payments for both lending and insurance commissions may include an upfront payment, together with an ongoing renewal or trail payment. More information about those commissions, and any other incentives they may receive is set out in the Adviser Disclosures.
There are no other interests to disclose.
COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
If you have a complaint about the financial advice or the service you’ve received from Stephanie Murray Mortgages (or an adviser) please lodge a complaint with us. Information about our complaints process can be found in our Adviser Disclosures.
In the first instance, please lodge a complaint by emailing email@example.com
Include as much detail as possible about the nature of your complaint, and what you would like to happen to resolve the complaint. We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within two business days, and register your complaint in our Complaints Register. We will investigate your complaint and aim to provide a response to you within seven working days of acknowledging receipt of your complaint. If we need more time to prepare our response, we will let you know. If we cannot agree on a resolution, you can refer your complaint to our external dispute resolution service. This service is independent and will cost you nothing and will assist us to resolve things with you.
Details of this service are:
Financial Services Complaints Limited Phone:
0800 347 257
Stephanie Murray Mortgages (and its; contracted financial advisers) are bound by and support the duties set out in the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013.
These duties are:
- Meet the standards of competence, knowledge, and skill and the standards of ethical behaviour, conduct, and client care set out in the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Providers.
- Give priority to the client’s interests.
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill.